- Last production year of a short wheelbase (SWB)
- One of the last 150 SWB Coupes built
- Matching numbers
- Porsche Certificate of Authenticity
- Desirable 5-speed manual transmission
- Previous owner since 1972
- Sold new into the Netherlands
- 32 kilometres After a complete renovation in Great Britain by a brand specialist
- All documents were checked and the car was photographed personally by Auctomobile
- Other features: possibility of assisting with registration, transport, storage and Trusted Checkout payment
For the first seventeen years of its life, Porsche built just one road car, and that was the 356. You could choose different body styles, colors and a few engines, but the 356 was it. By the early 1960s, the car was becoming rather antiquated and the pushrod four was at the end of its development life. The complicated blind alley that was the 356 Carrera 2 four-cam two liter four cylinder was no answer for mass-production.
Under the internal type number 901, Porsche developed a completely new GT car that was evolutionary of the 356 but with better visibility, more shoulder room and an overhead cam 2.0 liter flat six-cylinder motor with about 40 more horsepower than a 356 Super. Early 911s had much of the vintage charm of a 356, including chrome trim inside and out. They also rusted with the same alacrity as the 356 and were more tail-happy because of the increased power and skinny 165-15 tires.
Any Porsche 911 and especially an early production example is expensive to restore. It’s best to consider sound, complete cars only.
This 911 was built in the last production year of a short wheelbase (SWB). It is an example with a desirable 5-speed manual transmission, confirmed by a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, which is included also in the sale.
It was sold new into the Netherlands, the previous owner owned the car since 1972 and completely renovated in Great Britain by a brand specialist into a condition of a new car (32 kilometres after renovation) in 2019, when it was imported to Czech Republic and it comes with a US title.