The Mercedes-Benz W201 was the internal designation for the Mercedes 190 series sedans, a range of front-engine, rear drive, five passenger, four-door sedans manufactured over a single generation, from 1982 to 1993 as the company's first compact class automobile.
The W201 introduced a 5-link rear suspension subsequently used in E and C class models, front and rear anti-roll bars, anti-dive and anti-squat geometry—as well as airbags, ABS brakes and seatbelt pretensioners. Its extensive use of light-weight high-strength steel enabled it to withstand a concrete barrier offset crash at 35 mph (56 km/h) without serious passenger injury or cabin deformation.
The 190 E (E for Einspritzung, or Fuel Injection) model uses the Bosch KE-Jetronic Multi-Point Fuel Injection to meter fuel instead of the carburetor of 190 models. Thanks to their fuel injection system and larger intake and exhaust valves, 190 E models made more power than non-fuel injected 190 models.
n 1990, Mercedes Benz phased out the carburetor-equipped 190, replacing it with fuel-injected 190E 1.8. This model utilised a 1.797 ccm (1.8 L) M102.910 engine.
This example is in an astounding original condition with only a little over 37.000 original kilometres from new. You can hardly find such an almost unused and garaged car in such a perfect original condition.
|Engine||1.797 ccm, 118 PS, I4|
|Steering||Left Hand Drive|
|Layout||Rear Wheel Drive|
|Color - exterior||Grey metallic|
|Color - interior||Grey|
|Miles/Kilometers shown||37.656 kms|
|Chassis / VIN||WDB2010181A643233|
|Location - Country||Czech Rep.|
|Location - City||Brno|
4-door sedan body type; RWD (rear-wheel drive), manual 5-speed gearbox; gasoline (petrol) engine with displacement: 1797 cm3, advertised power: 80 kW / 107 hp / 109 PS (ECE), torque: 150 Nm; characteristic dimensions: outside length: 4448 mm, width: 1690 mm, wheelbase: 2665 mm; reference weights: base curb weight: 1170 kg; top speed: 185 km/h (115 mph) (declared by factory); accelerations: 0-60 mph 11.6 s, 0-100 km/h 12.3 s (declared by factory)
Hradec Kralove, Czechia