- A genuine SS chassis numbered Kestrel Sprite
- Upgraded with modern wheels and tyres
- Good body, paint and a newer interior
- Wilson preselector 4-speed transmission
- Light aluminum body
- 2021 large service - engine, gearbox, differential
- Electric water pump + electric fan
- All documents were checked and the car was photographed personally by Auctomobile
- Other features: possibility of assisting with registration, transport, insurance, storage and Trusted Checkout payment
- Please note that this car will be available for viewing by prior appointment in Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Revered by many vintage car enthusiasts as an exceptional powerplant that compares well with much more exotic machinery, the heart of any Riley is the wonderful twin-camshaft engine, which gives excellent performance from just 1,087 cc. Introduced in 1926, the four-cylinder unit went on to power various Rileys, until 1957. The new for 1936 Kestrel 6-light sports saloon was offered with the 12/4 1,496cc Sprite engine giving 61bhp; sporting twin carburettors. Complementing this fine power unit is the ENV Wilson pre-selector four-speed gearbox and Girling mechanical rod-operated brakes with a patented operating mechanism. This six-light Kestrel was built on the 112.5" long-wheelbase chassis and was purchased by the vendor in 2016. He has since fitted the Kestrel with 16 inch wheels and radial tyres. The sprite engine has been replaced by a standard tune 12/4 engine, which is currently running without a waterpump.
The Kestrel has an attractive body, thought to have been designed by Stanley Riley and built at the Riley works, finished in a lovely combination of red over grey. The leather seats have been recovered at some time. There is some history with the car, including the older V5C registration document; the car now has a new style V5C. Presently running and driving, but having not seen active use in recent years further works and some recommissioning are still necessary.